Blissful Art

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

DIY Desk Organizer

The desk drawer where keep most of my jewelry/craft supplies looked like a dragon had gotten in there and chewed on everything while managing to mix everything around. I needed a desk organizer, and while on Pinterest I found some pictures of a DIY desk organizer. So I spent a couple hours experimenting, and this is what I came up with! So, without further ado, I present to you a tutorial for a DIY desk orgainzer!

***
Supplies:
Cereal box or other box (I used a graham cracker and a vanilla pudding box)
Scissors or a craft knife
Scrapbook paper
Stapler 
Mod Podge 



Step One:

 First you need to measure the depth of your desk drawers. My drawers were about 4 inches deep, so I made sure that the boxes would fit. 

Step Two:
Take your box and cut the front off. If your box is deeper then your desk then simply cut into the sides, as to make the box shallower.















Step Three:

 Now you should be left with a box looking something like this. Now, take your stapler and staple the flap up (Hot glue would work too, I just didn't want to get my glue gun out).


Stapled box










Step Four:

 Since no one likes the look of cardboard boxes, I got out some pretty scrapbook paper and decoupaged it on. For those unfamiliar with decoupage, you simply put a layer ofmod podge (or other decoupage glue) where you want the paper to go, stick the paper on, then put another layer of glue over the paper. Pretty simple!





Pretty finished boxes



After
Before

This tutorial is super easy! Try it. :D I plan on making more soon.

I would love to know if you have tried this tutorial! :) Let me know if you have any questions. :) I like smiley faces. :) hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm touched that you want to leave a thought behind! However, I do moderate my comments and anything rude or offensive shall not be published. :)